Apply for Hellenic Scholarship for Foreign Students from Developing Countries 2019
Hellenic Scholarship 2019 – IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE: Within the framework of reviewing the Hellenic Aid policy in granting scholarships to foreign students from developing countries, we would like to inform you that for the period 2011-2012, there will not be a publication of a new scholarships programme.
Hellenic Aid has adopted, since 2002, the Scholarships Grant Programme, which provides the opportunity to nationals of developing countries to study in academic and technological institutions in Greece.
Greek Higher Academic and Technological institutions
Field of Study
Selected undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered at Greek Institutions. Scholarships are not provided for a) undergraduate studies in Theology (scholarships in this sector are granted by the Directorate for Religious and Ecclesiastic Affairs of the MFA) and Fine Arts. (b) postgraduate studies in Medicine. Medical specialties are under the authority of the Ministry of
Number of Awards
Within the framework of Hellenic Development Cooperation and Assistance, Hellenic Aid grants for the academic year 2010—2011, 100 scholarships will be awarded.
Nationals of developing countries included in the list of the Development Assistance Committee of OECD:
Afghanistan, Angola, Antigua And Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Congo Rep., Congo, Dem. Rep., Croatia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, F.y.r.o.m., Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Rep., Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, Sao Tome And Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Surinam, Swaziland, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Scholars are entitled to:
- A 600-euros monthly scholarship allowance
- A 1.000-euros relocation fee, on condition that the scholars were foreign residents at the time of their candidature and a monthly allowance of 650 euros for the first three months
- Free-of-charge meals in the University and provision of the educational material (books etc.) on a free of charge basis.
- Exemption from tuition fees in the above-mentioned Greek Language Centers.
- Exemption from tuition fees in some postgraduate programmes
- Free medical care in state hospitals.
- An amount of 1.000 euros, on condition of successful and in time, completion of studies, upon the scholars’ returning to their country of origin.
The scholarship does not cover accommodation expenses. These expenses are covered by scholars themselves.
The first payment of the scholarship allowance takes place approximately one month after the scholarships’ arrival in Greece. T
he scholars should therefore be able to cope with their initial expenses.
The scholarship for undergraduate studies:
- covers a preparatory year of learning the Greek language (if necessary) in the above-mentioned centers
- is granted for the duration of studies (number of academic years) provided for in the syllabus of the University, with a possibility of a 1-year extension, upon examination of the application of the scholar, due to special reasons
- is annually renewed under the condition that the scholar submits an official record of progress showing that he/she has successfully passed the examinations in:
– at least 70% of the total number of courses of each of the first two academic years of the syllabus.
– at least 80% of the total number of courses of each of the following academic years of the syllabus.
The scholarship for postgraduate studies:
- covers a preparatory year of learning the Greek language (if necessary) at the above-mentioned centers
- is granted for the duration of studies (number of academic years) provided for in the syllabus of the course, which the scholar attends, with the possibility of a 1-year extension. In any case, the scholarship cannot exceed a total of three years for a Master’s degree and 4 years for PhD studies.
- is annually renewed, upon the evaluation of the record of progress submitted by the scholar
Interested applicants should:
- Be foreign nationals of the countries included in the present call of interest;
- Be not younger than 18 years old before 1.10.2010, since minors of age cannot be granted a residence permit.
- Hold a lyceum graduation certificate or an equivalent certificate of a secondary education institution and have the right to enroll to higher academic or technological institutions in the country of issuance of the certificate;
- With regard to postgraduate/doctoral studies, applicants should have been accepted in the relative programme of a Greek University before they apply for the scholarship.
Scholarships are not granted to:
- Greek civil servants or persons related to civil servants of Greece.
- Persons having the Greek nationality or are in the process of getting the Greek nationality
Call of Interests were forwarded to the Greek diplomatic and consular authorities in eligible countries.
All interested students should submit a complete candidature file (scholarship application accompanied by the necessary supporting documents) to the above-mentioned Greek authorities in their country of origin.
The latter shall forward the whole number of files to Hellenic Aid.
The deadline for submitting applications to the Greek authorities abroad is 30 July 2010.
It is important to visit to read the 2010-2011 Call of Interest and the official website (links found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship and the application forms.
See the list of Greek diplomatic and consular authorities.