UBC Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships for Developing Country Students 2019
UBC Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships 2019 – The Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships enable promising leaders from developing countries to pursue doctoral studies at UBC.
The fellowships are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country.
University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada
Level/Field of Study
PhD or DMA programs offered at the University. Fellows would be supported to pursue research and study that would enhance and support contributions already made and which would be of particular use when they return home to apply their new gained skills and/or knowledge.
Number of Awards
Two new fellowships will be offered each year.
Citizens of developing countries
The scholarship value is $18,200 per year plus tuition for four years.
- Hold a study permit at the beginning of the fellowship funding period
- Be a citizen of a developing country (see list of developing countries) at the time of application for admission
- Have shown outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country
- Be starting a PhD or DMA program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017
- Be starting their first doctoral degree
- Students with external funding (external scholarships, third-party sponsorship, etc.) are eligible to apply, but if successful, recipients will have their Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship funding reduced by the amount of their external funding
Applications are currently closed.
Students complete application form and request supporting documents (transcripts, letters of reference – see application form for details).
Students submit their application package to their UBC graduate program – applications submitted directly to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will not be accepted.
Students are advised to verify their graduate program’s deadline well in advance, which is most likely in February 2017.
Application packages must be received by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies from the UBC graduate programs by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 10 March 2017.
Feb/10 March 2017 (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts Jan/May/Sept 2017
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the nomination package/application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.