Apply for British Chevening Scholarships for International Students 2019
British Chevening Scholarships for International Students 2019 – Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of Study
Full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject
Number of Awards
Around 1,500 scholarships globally will be offered.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019 either by taking an English language test or claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories.
Applications are currently closed.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page.
Applications close on 12:00 GMT, 6 November 2018.
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2019
It is important to visit your individual country page at the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.