Apply for LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Graduate and PostDoc Scholarships in Korea 2019
LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Graduate and PostDoc Scholarships 2019 – Chonbuk National University proudly announces the launch of LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Korea, a joint venture program of the institute with the Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA. Therefore, they need some dedicated graduate students and postdocs as the backbone of the program.
All the projects are applications based with supports from the industries or government, and have great potential to be commercialized. If you are highly motivated, CBNU wants to invite you to join their research team.
LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Korea
Field(s) of Study
The projects are related to the application of laser ultrasound technologies and optical fiber sensors technologies to the non-destructive test and evaluation (NDT&E), and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbines, space launch vehicles, nuclear power plants, and aircrafts. However, the applicant’s background is never limited to these fields.
Number of Scholarships
- Starting monthly pay KRW 1,000,000 for master course; KRW 1,250,000 for PhD course (after tax deduction); minimum KRW 2,500,000 (before tax deduction) for postdoc.
- Increment depending on research achievement, e.g. KRW 1,930,000 for a present PhD student in the 4th year.
- Office utensils supported, including PC, furniture, stationary, etc.
- Mechatronics, Electrical, Electronics, Signal/image processing, Embedded system, Wireless sensor network, Programming (C, LabVIEW), Mechatronics, Aeronautics, Aerospace, Mechanical engineering and/or Materials background.
- Minimum English requirement: PBT 590, CBT 240, iBT 95, IELTS 6.5, TEPS 700.
- Minimum CGPA during undergraduate: 3.0 / 4.0
The selected applicant will be engaged in LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Korea as a research assistant and can choose either Department of Mechatronics Engineering or Department of Aerospace Engineering as a graduate student.
Required documents include a detailed resume with a recent photo, copies of academic certificates and English test result, one A4 page statement-of-purpose (your personality, motivation to join this field of study, reasons of application and personal goals, future plan after your graduation, etc).
For the post-doctorate applicant, the minimum workable period should be addressed in the resume. Application due dates for graduate course: 20th Oct 2013, for postdoc: 5th Oct 2013
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Send application or enquiry to [email protected]