Apply for CSC–UWA Joint PhD Scholarships for Chinese Students 2019
CSC–UWA Joint PhD Scholarships 2019 – The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and The University of Western Australia (UWA) are offering postgraduate research scholarships each year to eligible students from the People’s Republic of China who intend to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree at UWA.
The UWA International Research Fee Scholarships (SIRF) for China will provide a scholarship for tuition fees and health insurance for selected students and the CSC will consider the applications of these students for a living allowance as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government, a return airfare to Australia by the most economical route, and visa application fees.
University of Western Australia, Australia
Field of Study
Priority academic areas identified by CSC or one of those identified by UWA. Visit the official website or inquire with the scholarship provider for more information
Number of Awards
The China Scholarships Council normally gives preference to applicants from the 985 Program Chinese universities, and the 211 Program Chinese universities, but applications from graduates from other Chinese Universities will also be considered.
For successful candidates who meet UWA’s entry criteria and who are awarded the CSC stipend, UWA will award a tuition fee scholarship, which includes Overseas Student Health Cover. The scholarship amounts to a total of $A25,427 per annum (2009 rate), including a living allowance of approximately $A15,600pa paid directly by the China Scholarship Council, and a Top-Up Scholarship ($9,827pa in 2009) paid by UWA.
The duration of the scholarships is up to four years.
China Scholarships will only be available to those applicants who:
- pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic areas identified by CSC or one of those identified by UWA.
- Will be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application
- Are not be currently working or studying abroad (outside the People’s Republic of China);
- Agree to return to China upon completion of their studies and/or research;
- Are awarded an unconditional offer of enrollment at The University of Western Australia, which is subject to the applicant also being successful in applying for a CSC award. They must therefore fulfill the relevant academic entry requirements set by The University of Western Australia for all international scholarship holders, including a high level of English language proficiency;
- Have completed an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test and achieved the minimum results – an overall score of 6.5, with speaking and listening no less than 6.0, and reading and writing no less than 6.5. Or have completed an iBT TOEFLtest and achieved minimum results – an overall score of 95, with 23 for writing, and no other band less than 22; or a C-B TOEFL with an overall score of 237, with a TWE or no less than 4.5. * The minimum to undertake a higher degree in the Law School is an IELTS of 7.0, with no band less than 7.0.
Find the complete elilibility requirements in the UWA China Scholarship Conditions (link found below).
How to Apply
All applicants for this scholarship need to apply through the online iATHENA scholarship system.
There will be more than one round for China SIRF each year.
For commencement in March 2010, applications open on 24 August 2009 and close 16 October 2009.
It is important to visit the official website and read the scholarship conditions (links found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
University of Western Australia
Graduate Research and Scholarships Office
Telephone: +61 8 6488 2807
Facsimile: +61 8 6488 1919
Email: [email protected]