Postdoctoral Fellowship in Molecular Ecology for International Students at Nord University in Norway 2019
Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 – The Nord University is offering a two year Postdoctoral fellowship in molecular ecology within the project: Population genomics of Calanus spp in the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans. Fellowship is available for International students.
Global challenges demand new insight, innovative solutions and local legitimacy. Nord University is a young university with strong regional ties and a global perspective. Nord University is committed to delivering relevant educational programmes and research, with a focus on blue and green growth, innovation and entrepreneurship, and welfare, health and education.
Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Fellowship is awarded in molecular ecology is available at the Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture, Nord University (Bodø, Norway) from January 1th, 2019.
- The position is compensated according to Norwegian government regulations, code 1352 Postdoc. The salary for postdoc in the Norwegian State Salary Scale is set from wage level 59, approximately NOK 515.200 per year.
- Advantages within the Government Pension Fund for borrowing, insurance and pension.
- Creative and collegial working environment
- A workplace with steady progressive development Flexible working hours
- Active university sports team
Fellowship is available for International students.
Number of Scholarships
One fellowship is available.
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The candidate should hold a PhD degree in the field of molecular ecology, ecological genomics, marine ecology or related disciplines.
Practical experience in molecular biology and population genetics is required. Knowledge and experience in zooplankton is required as well as experience with bioinformatics analyses (both genome and transcriptom).
Practical experience with Next Generation sequencing especially capture based methods is also necessary.
Proficiency in oral and written English is essential and must be documented by either the Norwegian Higher Education Entrance Qualification or internationally recognized certificates, such as TOEFL, IELTS, APIEL or similar. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language will be beneficial for the position.
We are looking for highly motivated, creative and ambitious applicants with an excellent academic and publication record, and the ability to collaborate with other members of a multidisciplinary team.
English Language Requirements: Proficiency in oral and written English is essential and must be documented by either the Norwegian Higher Education Entrance Qualification or internationally recognized certificates, such as TOEFL, IELTS, APIEL or similar. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language will be beneficial for the position.
You apply for this position by clicking on the link below: Apply Applications must be submitted electronically by 15th November. Applicants for this position are requested to include the following information:
- Cover letter outlining the candidate’s suitability for this position, relevant experience and how she/he will contribute to the successful implementation of project: Population genomics of Calanus spp in the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans (maximum 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (maximum 3 pages)
- Certified copies of academic degree transcripts and any other relevant qualifications
- Contact details for at least two referees
All documents must be uploaded as attachments to the electronic application form.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit the complete documentation within the deadline. After the application deadline, an applicant list will be announced publicly.
Applicants asking for confidentiality must specifically explain the reasons for this in their application. Even so, the information can be published if the reasons for confidentiality are not found relevant. In such the case, an applicant will be given notice prior to the announcement, and he/she will have opportunity to withdraw the application.
November 15, 2019