Apply for IMR 3-Year PhD Position at Arctic University of Norway 2019
IMR 3-Year PhD Position at Arctic University of Norway 2019 – The research group on Ecosystem Processes at the Institute of Marine Research (IMR) in Norway and the Department of Arctic and Marine Biology at UiT, the Arctic University of Norway, is inviting applications for a 3-year PhD position.
The principal area of research for the current PhD position is to explore the plausible future dynamics of the Barents Sea ecosystem under climate and fishing pressures.
Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Fellowship is awarded in dynamic modelling of food webs in the Barents Sea. The principal area of research for the current PhD position is to explore the plausible future dynamics of the Barents Sea ecosystem under climate and fishing pressures.
- A positive, challenging and creative work environment.
- The opportunity to work in a national institute with a high level of international contact.
- Flexible working hours, and a wide range of welfare services.
The Institute of Marine Research offers a governmentally regulated salary as 1017 PhD fellow and a pension scheme through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Funds, and other welfare benefits (see www.spk.no/en/ for more information).
International students are eligible to apply for this position.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The candidate must hold a master degree and must document a solid background in applied statistics, time series analysis and experience in programming in Matlab or R.
In addition, the candidate should be familiar with several of the following topics: trophic and community ecology, climate-fisheries interactions, linear algebra, model sensitivity analysis, causal modelling, multivariate modelling, pattern-oriented modelling and coupled physical-biological modelling.
The successful applicant should have good skills in Norwegian or other Scandinavian languages or be willing to learn Norwegian within a reasonable time. The applicant must have a fluent command of English, both written and verbal. How to meet the language requirement.
Admission to a PhD programme is a prerequisite for employment in a PhD position; cf. Section 6 of the Regulations for the degree of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) at the UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
The plan for the PhD programme must be approved and the contract signed no later than six weeks, after the starting date. In connection with this, the person who is appointed can receive a period of up to two months in which to submit a draft of their project description/reworked project description and a proposal of courses for the instruction component.
In the event that the PhD contract is not completed within the stipulated deadline, the employer may annul the contract; cf. Section 1-3(8) of the Regulations relating to conditions of employment for positions of Postdoctoral Fellows, PhD Candidate, and Research Assistant.
Apply for the position in http://www.jobbnorge.no/
It is required that application documents (mentioned below) are uploaded in Jobbnorge before the submission deadline. Documents must be certified and translated into Scandinavian or English, when applicable.
- Letter of application
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work)
- Diploma and transcript from your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Diploma and transcript from your Master’s degree or equivalent
- Diploma supplement for completed degrees
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Reference letter and contact information
- List of works and description of these the list of works shall contain the following information:
- Author(s), the work’s title
- For articles: the journal’s name and volume, the first and last page of the article, year of publication
- For publications: publisher, printer, year of publication, number of pages
May 31, 2018